I have many years experience helping people with anger, aggression, rage and domestic abuse. I’ve also designed a number of anger management techniques to help you be free of anger, allowing you to be altogether more relaxed and feel more in control.
So what is anger?
Anger is a basic emotion which has allowed us to survive as human beings. When we are feeling hurt we feel anger, maybe our needs are being ignored, or things aren’t going our way or we feel violated. Although anger is a normal healthy emotion it is also the most complex and when it gets out of control and turns destructive, it can lead to problems in your personal relationships, difficulties at work and in the overall quality of your life
If you feel that your anger is out of control or if it is having an impact on your relationships you might consider counselling to learn how to handle it better. I can work with you in developing a range of techniques for changing your thinking and your behaviour.I will also guide you to look at making positive changes to your general health, touching on diet, exercise and learning how to nurture your self esteem.
Anger management strategies will include:
- Learning new ways of dealing with anger in a positive way
- Learn to be assertive without being aggressive
- Recognising triggers to your anger
- Learning to respond to criticism
- Learning relaxation techniques to deal with stress and anxiety
- Using Cognitive Behavioural techniques to challenge negative thought processes
- Develop problem solving skills
- Improve communication skills to express yourself better