If you’re having problems as a family, whatever’s causing them, Family Therapy can help your whole family to communicate better, and to understand and resolve differences.
When families go through change, it can be difficult and emotionally challenging to learn to adapt. Family therapy sessions can help family members to support one another through these difficult times, to reduce conflict and arguments and grow stronger as a result.
My approach is always to remain child focused and as such I incorporate an holistic approach to addressing family issues.
What are the benefits of family therapy:
- Develop healthy boundaries
- Improve communication
- Define someone’s role within the family
- Improve family dynamics and relationships
- Provide coping strategies for family members
- Incorporate healthier lifestyles
What to expect from your first session:
- I will meet with your family either in school, at your family home or at my private therapy room
- I will gently ask questions to learn more about what the problems are affecting your family and what changes would like to be made
- I will then suggest a plan or direction for subsequent sessions. Such as meeting with the children on a one to one and working with the parents on a separate occasion
- I will liaise, if necessary or if you wish me to. with any other agencies who may or may not be involved with your family